- PMT – I don’t remember my mum ever having PMT, or a breakout or crying uncontrollably because she couldn’t find her favourite mascara. Like honestly what is PMT and why does it hate me?
- Shaving rash – It doesn’t matter what lotions and potions are used either. I will, without fail, end up with shaving rash on at least one part of my body every time. Why was I not informed of this? I would have started waxing from day 1. If you have ever had a wax (after shaving for years) you will know why it was important to have this information to hand before making the fatal mistake of opting for the Venus!
- Contouring – I don’t think it was popular back then so in fairness it isn’t my parents fault that I wasn’t prepared but I still feel hard done by. How will I ever master this? I haven’t had any proper training and if I don’t learn it now I won’t be able to leave the house again!?!
- Boys – I mean I know what a boy is – but was I prepared for the impact they would have on my life? Hell no! I was not informed of their mechanics or how I would obsess over them forever (As soon as I left the ‘boys smell and are yuck’ phase!. LOLz
- Which brings me to Break ups – While my parents were always there to comfort me back to sanity after a break up they never really stood a chance of preparing me for this! Seriously don’t worry – your bruised ego will heal. Your tears will eventually stop and despite how it feels at the time – you will be even happier in the future! #Theirloss!
- Wine – Despite turning your nose up at it over Christmas dinner as a youngster and hating wine for the first 20 years of your life, admit it – you like it now don’t you? Maybe to much too! I never saw that coming!
- After wine comes hangovers – As a parents they had to crack on didn’t they? They were not authorised to die of a hangover because who would look after the kids? So we never witnessed the struggle. Well believe me it is real and it does hurt!
My Hangover cures include: Nandos, Ready Salted crisps & Lucazade. It will not cure you – but it will help!
Do you have any to add to this?
Leave me a comment below and don’t forget to follow my future posts.